You are no doubt curious and full of anticipation. Here are a few questions and answers about holidays at the Goldener Berg:
Inclusive services in winter
Your included services in winter:
- A glass of sparkling wine and regional delicacies on arrival
- Opulent breakfast over the roofs of Lech from our extensive breakfast buffet, with organic teas, juice bar, antipasti, egg dishes, freshly made muesli - all with ingredients from local farmers
- Your Dine-Around Half Board - choose between four different restaurants in the hotel; we also offer our Open Kitchen once a week when you can stroll through the kitchen and look over the shoulders of our cooks. (When booking with Dine-Around Half Board)
- Lift ticket for your arrival and departure with the Lech-Oberlech mountain railway
- Free use of our Alpine Spa with active and reactivation area, swimming pool and panoramic outdoor whirlpool, bio sauna, Finnish and Turkish sauna, Kneipp basin, fitness room, relaxation room, activation showers and tepidarium
- Yoga mat and meditations pillow
- Fluffy feel-good bathrobe and slippers
- A varied programme, such as guided snowshoe hikes, wine tastings, culinary highlights, and much more
- Free WiFi in all rooms and the entire hotel
- Concierge service for everything that makes your holiday even better
- Many little extras and the warm-hearted hospitality that are a matter of course for us!
Inclusive services in summer
Inclusive services in summer
- Your welcome aperitif
- Breakfast over the roofs of Lech from our extensive breakfast buffet, with organic teas, juice bar, antipasti, egg dishes, freshly made muesli - all with ingredients from local farmers
- In the afternoon our vital snack for in between (light soup), when booking with 3/4 pension
- In the evening our varied 5-course menu of choice from our alpine natural cuisine or a selection from our Dirndlstüberl menu (Austrian specialities), when booking with 3/4 pension
- All-day tea offer at our tea bar
- Varied programme, such as one yoga classe in the morning or evening, lectures and talks with the coach, meditations, alpine bathing, guided hikes, walking the path of the senses, chanting and much more...
- Various coaches, therapists and yogis for your well-being
- Yoga mat and meditation pillow, as well as fluffy feel-good bathrobe and slippers in the room
- Free use of our Alpine Spa with active and reactivation area, swimming pool and panoramic outdoor whirlpool, bio, Finnish and Turkish sauna, Kneipp basin, fitness room, relaxation room, various activation showers and tepidarium
- Guided hikes with our trainers and mountain guides
- Concierge service for everything that makes your holiday even more complete
- Free parking spaces directly at the hotel
- Free WLAN in your room and the entire hotel
- Many extras and the warm hospitality, which is a matter of course with us!
Goldener Berg COVID measures
Health information for our guests:
We are in continuous contact with our authorities and are, of course, following all the specified guidelines. In winter, we voluntarily enhanced our hygiene measures. We will also keep these in place in summer.
Since the requirements are changing almost every day, we can currently present only a part of them.
As we all know, the most important thing is to observe social distancing. Therefore, we kindly ask that you maintain 1 m distance from guests from other parties when entering the hotel or restaurant. The BOHO Baby Elephants (in Austria, there is a health campaign promoting social distancing during the corona virus crisis using a baby elephant as a symbol for the necessary distance, so we have chosen to take up this symbol) have already arrived, so we can envision and grasp the necessary distance even better.
Our restaurants are large enough to space the tables far enough apart. When the weather is nice, we serve on our wonderful sun terrace, where there is, in any case, more than enough space and practically no risk of infection outdoors.
We kindly ask that you do not give hugs or shake hands for now.
In the spa and fitness area, we make sure that a 2-metre distance can be maintained. We also ask our guests to observe this rule.
We are happy to reserve your private time for you in the sauna.
In summary, we ask you: to maintain 1 to 2 metres distance from people who do not live in your household and to kindly (where it’s still needed) wear a mask if closer contact is unavoidable – while getting a pedicure, for example.
As you already know, we also ask you to wash your hands regularly. We provide sanitiser – organic from the Austrian mountains – at the reception, in the restaurant and in the Alpine spa.
We are convinced that the stay at the Goldener Berg will be good for you: We have a lot of space, fresh air and we do everything in our hotel to ensure that everything is always disinfected.
Safety measures and regulations, of Lech Zürs Tourismus GmbH: https://www.lechzuers.com/sicherheit/
With simple rules we all get through this time well! Thank you for that.
We look forward to seeing you
Yours, Daniela Pfefferkorn ,
Director Markus Mathis & the golden team.
Current information for your winter holiday from Lech
Currently, the municipality of Lech is working together with Lech Zürs Tourismus and all local partners to design a safety concept for the 2020/21 winter season. The health of our guests, employees and locals is our top priority and we will do everything we can to ensure that you enjoy a wonderful and safe winter holiday.
What charges apply if I have to cancel my journey to Lech?
Our cancellation and refund policy:
If guests booked a stay with free cancellation the total amount will be refunded
If our destination (Arlberg region) is considered by guests government as inaccessible or the Austrian government imposes quaranties, entry bans, or other restrictions for citizens coming from most affected countries - in that case, we will offer the guest either a full refund or a hotel voucher to be used on their next stay in our hotel. However, the cancellation needs to be done 48hrs before the official arrival date.
Standard cancellation policy will apply if the destination is considered open for travel and the guest has chosen to change or cancel his/her booking for other reasons.
If there is a travel warning from the Ministry of Foreighn Affairs of the guest country of residence for our region the standard cancellation policy will apply.
- Up to 30 days prior to arrival 0% of the total costs of lodging
- 30 days to 15 days prior to arrival 50% of the total costs of lodging
- 14 days to 7 days prior to arrival 70 % of the total costs of lodging
- 6 days prior to arrival 90 % of the total costs of lodging
- No show 100% of the total costs of lodging
- Up to 7 days prior to planned arrival: 0%
- From 7 days prior to planned arrival: 50%
- From 3 days prior to planned arrival: 70%
- From 1 day prior to planned arrival: 90%
- No show or unplanned early departure: 100%
Our tip: take out a holiday cancellation insurance policy at a special rate with the Europäische Reiseversicherung!
For more information, please contact our reservations team:
Reserve your ski gear now & save time and money!
ARRIVE – TRY ON – PAY:
Book comfortably from home, secure your 10% discount, try on when you arrive and pay by credit card! The next day, your ski gear is waiting for you directly at the lift! And enjoy many more RENT benefits such as free exchange, testing new products, free service, children up to 10 years free and much more.
Hand in hand with our nature - sustainability is a clear conscience on holiday
Sustainability is a living understanding in the Golden Mountain
"To act sustainably is to act as if you were in the world to stay forever!" In a sustainable life, environmental awareness plays a major role in all areas. Therefore, sustainability and resource conservation are part of our daily thinking and acting.
Holidays in the "Goldener Berg" means maximum enjoyment, best comfort and pure relaxation in ecologically clean nature. We take care to avoid things that burden nature too much. This resource-conserving treatment of nature is part of a more environmentally conscious life and helps us to recharge our batteries.
The "Goldener Berg" focuses on innovative concepts to act responsibly towards man and nature. The natural environment is reflected in the entire hotel and creates a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere in the middle of the Lech mountains.
The basis for the activities and actions in the Hotel Goldener Berg is the commitment to the economical use of natural resources and the sustainable protection of our environment. This thought was taken into account when the hotel was renovated in 2018:
- Since then, the houses have been completely thermally renovated and thus emit almost no energy to the outside.
- The hotel has been cleaned of earth radiation, electrosmog and psychic, weak energies.
- Our water is recycled and therefore all water atoms are crystalline again - this nourishes the body incredibly for all who drink the water, bathe in it and use it otherwise.
- The heat generated by the cooling systems flows back into our heating system.
- The hotel follows an environmentally friendly energy concept, bio electricity from renewable resources.
- The house is heated in a resource-saving way with district heating energy from our own wood chip power plant in Oberlech.
- Natural and sustainable building materials and local wood, stone and glass guarantee a healthy room climate.
- We avoid buying plastic. Things that are still made of plastic have been bought earlier and to throw them away now would not be sustainable.
- The kitchen of the "Goldener Berg" is awarded with two hoods. We buy many of our basic products from local farmers, some of which are certified organic, such as vegetables, salads, meat, cereals, juices, etc., thus keeping the added value in the region.
- We use energy sparing and conscious cooking, so that the food remains digestible and vital. Only GMO-free products are used in our kitchen.
- There are Swiss stone pine cushions etc. everywhere in the rooms - these lower the blood pressure and ensure a more restful sleep.
- All rooms are equipped with low-flow showers and taps.
- The linen is made of pure natural fibres.
- In the wellness area we pay attention to nature by heating all water with solar energy.
- The products we use for the treatments in our Alpine Spa are also carefully selected and some of them are specially developed for the "Goldener Berg". Always in view: Our home, the alpine nature and its power.
- Oberlech is car-free. We have specially developed the tunnel system over many years and only use electrically powered vehicles to get around.
- We are happy to support you in your journey by public transport, as well as in using local public mobility in the sense of a positive CO2 balance and a CO2-free holiday in Oberlech.
- Furthermore, we offer our guests who arrive with an electric car the possibility to use an electric charging station in Lech.
We want to create the best possible environment not only for the present, but also for future generations.
Is there a dress code at the Goldener Berg?
What check-in and check-out times are there on holidays in Arlberg?
Are holidays with children possible at the Goldener Berg?
Of course! Children up to 1 year of age not requiring meals can share a room with parents free of charge. Children gettinga special price for children's board. We will happily provide a cot and baby phone. The hotel has its own “Kiddy Club” offering free child supervision for 3 to 12-year-olds. For more informations about you family holiday.
Holidays with dogs – Are pets allowed at the Hotel Goldener Berg?
Where can I park in Oberlech?
In summer you can drive your car right up to the Hotel Goldener Berg in Oberlech, where free parking spaces are available. In winter, leave your car in the “Anger” parking garage, opposite the Bergbahn Oberlech, and take the gondola lift for the last bit of your journey. We will gladly take care of your luggage for you.