Enjoyable and with a good conscience - the credo of our culinary concepts runs through all areas of our business management. We are particularly pleased to announce that we have qualified for two special certifications on our way to more sustainability.
AS THE FIRST HOTEL IN LECH AND ONE OF FEW IN VORARLBERG WE HABE BEEN AWARDED WITH THE ECOLABEL AUSTRIA AND THE EU ECOLABEL.
With the awareness that, despite all measures, not all possibilities have been exhausted, and that new ways and methods are always emerging in the course of time, we strive every day to incorporate even more environmental awareness into our concepts. Last but not least, we would like to mention that our guests also contribute significantly to our vision. They help us to show the appropriate appreciation for our environment through conscious use of resources.
Gratefully accepting the gifts of our great Mother Earth and at the same time ensuring that we take as little as possible, only what we really need, in order to ensure that many generations in the future will also be able to experience this splendour and abundance, that is our aspiration.
- Daniela Pfefferkorn -
It requires consistency in implementation during ongoing operations and constant adaptation to current sustainability concepts in order to be able to offer the most nature-oriented range of services possible in the long term. From the purchase of regional, preferably organically certified products, to well thought-out energy concepts with regular maintenance of the equipment, promotion of environmentally friendly means of transport, to concepts against water wastage, our actions are comprehensive and far-reaching to always come a little closer to nature in our actions and deeds.
Read more about our current initiatives at the hotel. Our commitment for the environment.
SUSTAINABLE TRAVEL IS THE ART OF PRESERVING THE BEAUTY OF THE WORLD AS WE EXPLORE IT.
- 1996: With the construction of the underground tunnel network, goods are also transported in winter with e-vehicles.
- 2005: Construction of a district heating plant - Oberlech is completely free of oil heating.
- 2018: Thermal renovation of the hotel: warm roof, windows with triple glazing, insulation
- 2023: Implementation of numerous measures, award of the Austrian Ecolabel & EU Ecolabel.
- Preview 2024: Renewal of the building services, heating control, solar system, heat recovery, ventilation system and much more.
NATURE GIVES IT TO US IN ABUNDANCE, BUT IT ALSO DEMANDS THAT WE USE IT WISELY.
- Shampoos & soaps in reusable dispensers
- Use of pure natural cosmetic products
- Water wastage reduced by restricting the flow of water
- Avoidance of plastic of any kind - e.g. pens made of wood
- Avoidance of disposable tableware and packaging
- Developing a waste management concept to separate waste properly
- Dosing systems for cleaning, washing and rinsing agents, use of the Eco line of these products
- Use of wooden tables to dispense with table linen
- Reduction of electricity consumption through motion detectors and LED lamps
- Use of reusable containers
- No radiant heaters in the outdoor area
FROM NATURE FOR OUR GUESTS, THAT IS THE MOTTO IN THE GOLDEN MOUNTAIN RESTAURANTS.
- Plant based alpine cuisine: focus on the plants of the region
- Fine dining restaurant: vegetarian - vegan
- Changing menus with basic - vegan selection
- Our goods come from the alpine arc at most
- We buy regionally - especially in summer - meat exclusively from the region
- Organic and regional products have top priority
- We do not use animal products that are on red lists.
- Food waste is avoided: The portions of the menus have been reduced, we are happy to serve a supplement at any time!
- We prefer organic juices from Vorarlberg
- It is important to us to produce as little waste as possible through food processing
FOR US, SUSTAINABILITY IS NOT LIMITED TO THE WAY WE DEAL WITH PRODUCTS.
- We offer our staff a wide range of training opportunities.
- Our employees are welcome to attend the free yoga classes.
- We also cook vegan meals for our staff - there are always vegetables, salad and fruit - for those who want them, of course.
- Staff from all countries promote cultural diversity.
- We welcome refugees.
- Diversity: Being open and caring for diversity is also a criterion for obtaining the Austrian Eco-label and the EU Ecolables. We always take in refugees, we now work with people from all over the world, we are open to other languages, opinions, ways of life and religions.
- The social aspect is also important in the environmental awards. For example, for decades we have taken in families with impaired children for free on a weekly basis so that they can all find recreation.
- We donate a lot to environmental organisations, children's homes and animal welfare centres.
- Building a bath for wheelchair users
DIVERSITY GROWS, SUSTAINABILITY BLOSSOMS - IN OUR MEADOWS AND IN OUR HEARTS.
- We want to take people back to their roots and into nature through alpine bathing, tidal walks and much more.
- Our sensory path around the hotel
- We mow our meadows only once in September so that the meadows remain lush, insects have their place and a variety can flourish.
- On the south terrace on the first floor, we planted native mountain pines in 2018 to contribute a little more to the good CO2 balance.
- In summer, we expand the gardens around the house every year, not only with native flowers of all kinds, which are still a bee playground in autumn, but also with a few small trees every year - of course always only native plants.
SHORT DISTANCES, BIG IMPACT.
- The linen is sewn in Vorarlberg, the cotton comes from Egypt - there are currently no options here in Austria.
- Our crockery and cutlery all come from Central Europe.
- Our goods come at most from the Alpine arc
- We buy regionally - especially in summer
- Meat exclusively from the region
- Use of wood from within the country
- Exclusive use of European products
We strive to give our best, at all times. But please also bear with us, as we are not yet always and everywhere at the best possible level.
- Daniela Pfefferkorn -
Do our environment and yourself a big favor and travel by public transport - we'll reward you with a free yoga class!
For those who are in possession of an e-car: In summer there are two e-charging stations directly on the large parking lot behind the Alten Goldenen Berg at your disposal. (Charging for a fee)
Find all the details for a stress-free arrival at the Goldener Berg on our arrival page.
Vacation in the Goldener Berg means the highest pleasure, the best comfort and pure relaxation in ecologically perfect nature. We take care to do things without burden nature too much. This resource-conserving approach to nature is part of a more environmentally conscious life and helps us to recharge our batteries.
Acting sustainably means acting as if you were in the world to stay forever! In a sustainable life, environmental awareness plays a major role in all areas. That is why sustainability and resource conservation
are part of our daily thoughts and actions.
The Golden Mountain relies on innovative concepts to act responsibly towards people and nature. The natural environment is reflected throughout the hotel and creates a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere surrounded by mountain peaks in Lech.
The base for what we do and how we act at the Hotel Goldener Berg is a commitment to the economical use of natural resources and the sustainable protection of our environment. This thought was taken into account during the remodeling of the hotel in 2018: