Best sustainable & regional products; plant-based alpine cuisine by head chef Oliver Fleisch, all menus are made freshly & consciously; fit, vegan & vegetarian for so much indulgence.
As we know, the stomach is the way to your heart: You are what you eat! True to our motto: "You can do everything, but you don’t have to", we prepare plant-based cuisine with a focus on regional products from farmers we trust. Likewise, we use herbs from the region and some of the fruit and vegetables are pickled in-house. When it comes to meat and fish, we pay attention to species-appropriate husbandry and obtain these products as much as possible from the region, but never from outside the Alpine range. We process every single part of the animals.
Our focus is on people and all that is good for them. Created with the expertise of nutritionists for modern nutrition, you will experience dishes and menus that are cooked with love and inspired by the Mediterranean cuisine.
In the words of our chef Oliver Fleisch – creative, unadulterated Alpine Adriatic cuisine that enhances the taste of the best products, while underpinning holistic self-care and the bohemian lifestyle, is brought to the highest culinary level.
But grandmother's traditional cooking is also important to us – it’s part of our history, after all. For this reason, we love reinterpreting old recipes with modern products, as well as serving them in a way that is palatable for everyone.
Our guests are served with love and attention to detail in 4 restaurants in the hotel. Our daily changing menus invite you to enjoy dining at our restaurants.
In summer, you can enjoy our alpine natural cuisine for lunch or in the evening on our Panorama Terrace with a stunning mountain panorama on the terrace or in the Dirndlstüberl.
Enjoy this experience for all your senses for a supplement of € 58 in winter and € 40 in summer per person per day.
The Dine Around package is only bookable in advance and must be booked for the duration of your stay.
Look forward to:
- Club & Restaurant: Start your evening with appetizers and salads from the buffet before you put together your own GLYX menu from our daily recommendations. Only in winter.
- Panorama Terrace: In summer, you can enjoy our alpine natural cuisine in the evening with a 5-course menu and mountain panorama on the terrace or in the unique Dirndlstüberl parlour.
- Dirndlstüberl: Create your own menu from our Dirndlstüberl menu. Classic Austrian cuisine and alternating Grandes Pièces at the highest level.
- Johannesstübli: Vegetarian and vegan delights. Enjoy the finest 4-course gourmet menus in the award-winning Johannestübli, changing weekly. Only in winter.
- Alter Goldener Berg: Feel the traditions and cosiness in the Stuben with a classic cheese fondue or meat fondue (with surcharge). Only in winter.
Browse through the kitchens and watch what the chefs are doing. An exciting, enjoyable exchange. On your journey through the restaurants you will find various stations and everything is prepared in our kitchens. Enjoy specialities such as “pasta in 2-year mountain cheese coat”, or the “sweet corner” with our homemade fruit and herb sorbets; perhaps a basil sorbet or a cheeky fruity creation from pineapple-mustard. We’ve got something for everyone's taste!
Each of our restaurants follows it's own motto and is specialised in a certain type of cuisine:
If you feel like an Austrian meal, then the Dirndlstüberl is the right place.
If you want to try something totally different to the everyday, then the Johannesstübli would be the right choice with its gourmet cuisine and GLYX dishes.
We have to celebrate happy occasions as they come, don’t we? Let's celebrate life – that's one of our mottos on the Goldener Berg “energy mountain”. Where a lot has been achieved, you have to look back on it with gratitude and joy and experience this gratitude with your loved ones in a unique atmosphere. Ancient customs that we stage in a modern way, but with a lot of passion and sincerity for you.